THREE games under the lights for Adams State football this season. A new area for tailgating and a new Bear (Beer) Garden will also greet fans when they show up on the campus for Grizzlies football.
Adams State is going for a whole new vibe with its Game Day experience at Rex Stadium starting with Saturday night’s home opener under the lights between the Grizzlies and West Texas A&M. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
“We really wanted to push having as many night games as possible. I believe it provides for a better overall experience,” said Adams State Athletic Director Katelyn Smith. “It’s cooler weather, ultimately, in the evening and there’s no better feeling than playing under the lights.
“It also allows more of our community members to come to the game,” she said. “They can do their Saturday activities and then come to the game at night.”
An example of that would be attending Saturday’s San Luis Valley Potato Festival in Monte Vista and then heading in the evening to the Grizzlies football game.
Smith said the change in tailgate areas will allow the Adams State Game Day staff to add more activities into the tailgate experience. Tailgating will shift to the south end of the stadium at the Nielsen Library Parking Lot off First Street.
“It’s a bigger space and allows us to have more events and activities there,” Smith said.
Fans can also pay a $20 cover charge to be inside the new “Bear Garden” located inside the stadium on the south end Rex Field.
More Game Day Info:
Season tickets and individual game tickets for all home games are available to be purchased online HERE. Students get into the game free with their student IDs and are asked to use the middle gate in the main entrance to Rex Stadium. Students can download their Student ID and barcode to scan at the gate on their mobile phones.
New and Improved Tailgating
Square Peg Tailgating is back for the 2022 season, although it’s going to look different than previous years. Here’s what tailgaters can expect in 2022:
- Tailgating will be located in the Nielsen Library parking lot just south of the stadium for a $10 fee
- Parking and setup will be on a first come, first serve basis
- FREE Square Peg Beer, ax throwing, corn hole and other events
A new feature this year is the ‘Bear Garden.’ Similar to beer gardens at other venues, there will be a field-level option for fans:
- $20 cover to get in to the ‘Bear’ Garden. Fans must be 21 and have a valid ID to enter.
- Fans are allowed to enter and exit the ‘Bear’ Garden throughout the game, although no alcohol may leave the ‘Bear’ Garden.
- Woody’s Q Shack is the official food provider for the ‘Bear’ Garden and will provide wings for participants.
- Coors, the official beer provider, will have beer products available.
New this year is a seasonal 50/50. Tickets can be purchased online by contacting email@example.com or at any Home Adams State Athletic Event.
- There will be three large 50/50 jackpots with each one encompassing each season. The Fall 50/50 will be available at all fall sporting events (football, volleyball, men’s and women’s soccer).
- Drawing for the Fall 50/50 will be held at halftime of the last football game in November
- The more you buy, the bigger the prize!
5 Tickets for $5
15 Tickets for $10
25 Tickets for $20
Fans can purchase Grizzly Gear at home Adams State athletic events and at the tailgate area during football games or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Home Football Schedule
- Sept. 10 | West Texas A&M University – 6 p.m.
- Sept. 17 | Colorado School of Mines – 1 p.m.
Presented by Alamosa State Bank
- Oct. 1 | New Mexico Highlands – 7 p.m.
Hall of Fame Game presented by San Luis Valley Federal Bank
- Oct. 8 | Colorado State University Pueblo – 1 p.m.
Homecoming sponsored by ASU Counselor Education
- Oct. 22 | Colorado Mesa – 6 p.m.
Neon Paint Day sponsored by Rio Grande Bank
- Nov. 5 | Black Hills State – 1 p.m.
Spud Bowl Presented by First Southwest Bank
PHOTO: Adams State Athletic Director Katelyn Smith