SLV Pride holds multiple events in August
SLV Pride is holding multiple activities this month to honor its mission to unite the LGBTQ+ communities throughout the San Luis Valley, and to create and foster experiences that emphasize inclusiveness and mutual respect. The theme this year is “Just Say Gay.”
- Friday, Aug. 5: Art Show featuring SLV artists and Open Mic at Milagros Coffee House, corner of Main and State in Alamosa. The Art Show begins at 5 p.m.; complimentary refreshments are available. Open Mic starts after sunset, approximately 7:30 p.m. with a sign-up sheet for those who want to participate. Tickets and information for other Pride events will be available at this event.
- Wednesday, Aug. 24: Queer-Themed Movie Night at the Frontier Drive-Inn, 11150 Hwy 285, Center. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. The movie, The Adventures ofPriscilla, Queen of the Desert, is rated R, and will start at dusk. Tickets are $10 each and will be available at the door and at other Pride events.
- Friday, Aug. 26: Milagros Coffee House in Alamosa will feature a performance of “13 Love Songs” at 6:30 p.m., leading into a Pre-Pride Kickoff Party at Square Peg Brewerks at 8 p.m. Square Peg is located at 625 Main St. in Alamosa.
- Saturday, Aug. 27: The fourth annual SLV PrideFest will kick off at 10 a.m. with a parade to Cole Park in downtown Alamosa. The event will feature live entertainment, food vendors, and information booths. It is free to attend and open to the public. Volunteers are still needed to help make 2022 PrideFest a success. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Sunday, Aug. 28: Pride Month wraps up with a Drag Brunch at The Roast, 420 San Juan Ave. in Alamosa. The event is from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 and will be available at other Pride events.