State Fire Agency hosts community risk assessment
DEMONSTRATIONS in child car seat safety, stove-top cooking safety, and fire extinguisher training are among the activities planned for Tuesday’s Community Risk Reduction event by the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control.
The multi-agency event is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Adams State Campus Green. It is free and open to the public to help community members across the San Luis Valley assess their own household risks.
“CRR Week aims to raise awareness of local risks across Colorado and teach communities how they can reduce those risks,” according to event organizers.
Local fire departments and law enforcement agencies will conduct live demonstrations, open to the public. Demonstrations include:
- Search and Rescue helicopter display.
- Stove-top cooking safety.
- Vehicle rollover demonstration by the Colorado State Patrol.
- Smoke alarm program.
- Child car seat safety.
- Fire extinguisher training program.
- Colorado mobile food truck safety.
- A live-fire demonstration of home fire sprinklers.
- Live Fire Firefighter Training Unit.
The Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control is hosting the multi-agency event that focuses on the issues fire departments, other public safety officials, and community leaders often face in mitigating safety risks, along with solutions, tools, and strategies to address them.